All Gurus once were Newbies
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this
Control Centre > Remote Destkop seems to be a program that allows other people to access my computer. But what program does the other person use to access my computer? Or, to put it in another way, if I wanted to access some other computer, what program does Linux Mint provide or recommend?
Some related questions:
Q2: What operating systems does Remote Desktop work with?
Q3: What is the official Linux Mint method of remotely accessing a Win7 screen/computer?
Using Mint 13 Cinnamon
- Level 4
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 pm
1) What you need for that is a VNC client. There are several available in the repos. I have always had good luck with xtightvnc; you might try that. I'm pretty sure it's in the software manager, or you can install it quickly from the commandline with sudo apt-get install xtightvncviewer.
2) It's cross-platform. You should be able to access your remote desktop from any other machine, no matter what OS, as long as there is a VNC client installed.
3) You should be able to use xtightvnc for that as well.
Hope this helps.
- Level 4
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], nunol, zerofill and 30 guests