2 problems after installing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
distorx

2 problems after installing

Post by distorx »

My first problem is that in the login screen the font too small that even hard to see what I'm typing. The second is in cinnamon that the mouse show the waiting stage when is not wailting specially launching nautilus, I found cinnamon even that I like it a little buggy for my taste. The rest I'm very happy to move from ubuntu 12.04, gnome 3 and some issue after installing and before where killing me, but this version is fast and lite even that some times the fonts look a little crappy. Thanks for the help...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clifford

Re: 2 problems after installing

Post by clifford »

i have the problem with nautilus spinning icon too. anyone else?

it doesnt occur when i double click on the home folder on the desktop, however if open nautillus from the cinnamon menu i get the spinning icon for about 10-15 seconds even after it has loaded.

is this a known about/common problem?
distorx

Post by distorx »

I did install gnome3 shell and same behavior with the mouse cursor, so it should be gnome3 and debian. I'm using nvidia drivers and remove nourveau driver. I would like to report this problem but I don't know where. Anyway I'l write if I get any fix.
distorx

Post by distorx »

I found to tricks but any of both really fix the problem but it's a workaround.

Solutions:
1) sudo nano /usr/share/applications/nautilus.desktop ///// Edit this files from the terminal and
change the value of StartupNotify=true to false;

OR

2) Just use "alacarte" to change "Applications -> Files" from "nautilus %U" to "nautilus /home/yourusername".

Both work but still a bug.

Return to “LMDE Archive”