gdebi installer problems

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

gdebi installer problems

Postby feedmebits on Mon May 07, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm not new to the forums, but I am new to LMDE. I have been running on different distros and i thought I'd try out LMDE. I came across one thing I'm not able to figure out.
In order to connect to my nfs server i had to change the local user id from 1000 to 500. Ever since I did that when I try to install and package via the gdebi installer it refuses my
password, it says it's wrong. The same password does work, when logging in , when installing a package via software manager, and when using sudo to install via the command line.
I tried removing the password keyring, and then creating a new one, I was able to do that but the problem remains. Any ideas of where the problem may be? Cheers!!
feedmebits
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: gdebi installer problems

Postby feedmebits on Mon May 07, 2012 7:10 pm

A quick update. I just noticed that after remove the default keyring and creating a new keyring, I am now not able to install/remove software from the software manager.
So I'm kind of guessing the gdeb installer refusing the password and the keyring have something to do with each other.
feedmebits
Level 1
Level 1

Postby feedmebits on Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 am

I didn't find a solution for the problem, but I figured I might as wel run gdebi via the command line and it works just fine.

sudo gdebi /home/Downloads/package.deb
feedmebits
Level 1
Level 1

Postby spicedreams on Sat May 26, 2012 4:33 am

Not sure if it's related but on Linux Mint 12 Debian Edition:
* gdebi is on the System Tools menu
* Synaptic is on the Administration menu.

I'm new to Mint though not to Linux and I had imagined that the
* System Tools menu was for user-specific stuff whereas
* Administration would be system-wide and require root priveliges.
spicedreams
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other Topics