Login problem!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cellsite60
Level 1
Level 1

Login problem!

Post by cellsite60 »

Hello!
Did a search here and could not find, to me, a satisfying answer to this.
Not super new to Linux but not really an advanced user, yet :wink:
So i have installed LM 12 LXDE and been having some problem with login.
Installed it as usual and when the machine rebooted i could not login, when promted for username and password i filled it out just to get back to filling it out again, that was in standard mode, when i try Mint-LXDE in the drop menu its the same thing.
So i thought it maybe have been some problem during the install process, did a re-install and set it to auto-login instead, no problems there, but if i logout, im back to the same thing again, can't login, i have to reboot everytime.
I have installed it on a 500gb hdd so space is not a problem, read in another post here where they asked if the user had enough space.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: Login problem!

Post by jjaythomas »

That way suppose to work...
auto login is for system boot/reboot login. a session logout and login will ask. (I think LXDM*login manager*) is case sensitive?

will ask at hibernate/sleep (suspend/hibernate) mode to restart also (unless change setting in power manager>>extended screen.(uses XFCE power manager) :wink:

P.S. not sure if session logout affected in LXDE with power setting :?:

J.Jay

Return to “Software & Applications”