Problem : strange appearance after standby

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cerealekiller

Problem : strange appearance after standby

Post by cerealekiller »

Hello, i'm a newbie in Linux Mint ( but I passed years on ubuntu ), and I habe a display problem. After every standby, the appearance of gnome 3 is very strange.
Look at this screeshot : http://bit.ly/JLVfON

What can I do ?
Thank you

Edit : I'm under Linux Mint 12 Lisa Gnome 32bits, if it can help
and sorry for my english mistakes.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
perfa67

Re: Problem : strange appearance after standby

Post by perfa67 »

I cannot help here but only confirm that this happens to me too at times.
I have a desktop so I either leave it on or do power off. Hibernation I have given up on :(
germanium

Re: Problem : strange appearance after standby

Post by germanium »

Hello,

I have the same problem.

If you are using gnome-shell use the key combination Alt+F2.
This should bring up a small command window.
Type the letter r in this window and hit enter.
This is the command to refresh gnome shell. Everything should be back to normal.
Even if you can't quite tell what you're doing, becuase the image is garbled, just enter the keystrokes anyway.

I do not know how to fix the problem beyond this refresh strategy. It seems to be a bug, but I have no clue as to whether it is gnome-shell or the video driver, or something else.

I have the problem you describe about 80% if the time if I Suspend from my active desktop.
I've found that if I first log out of my desktop, then enter Suspend mode from the Login screen, I never have this problem when I log back in. Go figure.

Return to “Software & Applications”