[solved]Shutdown hangs

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
messy

[solved]Shutdown hangs

Post by messy »

Hi,

when I shut down my system (GUi or Terminal (shutdown -h now)) it hangs sometimes. In the attachment you can see the last screen. I make a picture, because I don't find the log file. :roll:
Anyone knows this error? You need more information? Ask me please. I don't know what information are important for this case.

Best regards
messy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Shutdown hangs

Post by wayne128 »

Not sure..

But on the last few lines I notice one that said

RIP ........fglrx

seems that your ATI/Radeon or graphic card issue..

may be you want to try using free version of Radeon driver,

or install another version of fglrx driver..
messy

Post by messy »

Ah... Thanks for your reply! This could be. On begin I had trouble with by graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6310M). I have installed different versions, because many of them showed me a water mark that they don't work. I will try an another version.
messy

Post by messy »

Too bad, at first I thought it works, but unfortunately not. I have uninstalled fglrx and installed the ATI-driver. Now, it hangs without any messages, only black screen.
messy

Post by messy »

It seems with the newest ATI driver it runs.
xiaziyan

Re: [solved]Shutdown hangs

Post by xiaziyan »

Too bad, at first I thought it works, but unfortunately not. I have to uninstall the fglrx and install the ATI drivers. Now, it does not have any news to hang, only black and white screen.Image

Return to “Beginner Questions”