How To Remove KDE Completely

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fajah

How To Remove KDE Completely

Post by Fajah »

I recently tried the latest KDE desktop environment and don't really like it. How do I completely remove it?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: How To Remove KDE Completely

Post by nomko »

format c: /q/u!

Ohhh wait...damn...that's Windows :mrgreen:
Just kidding.

Do you have any other desktop envirnment installed? Then log in Mint using one of those other DE's and open a terminal and type this command:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove kubuntu-desktop --purge
(copy and paste it in the terminal using Ctrl+Shift+v).

Press Enter and type your password. If everything goes well, KDE should be removed now.
Fajah

Re: How To Remove KDE Completely

Post by Fajah »

nomko wrote:format c: /q/u!

Ohhh wait...damn...that's Windows :mrgreen:
Just kidding.

Do you have any other desktop envirnment installed? Then log in Mint using one of those other DE's and open a terminal and type this command:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove kubuntu-desktop --purge
(copy and paste it in the terminal using Ctrl+Shift+v).

Press Enter and type your password. If everything goes well, KDE should be removed now.
Thanks. I've seemed to come full circle. I initially tried KDE when first introduced to Linux Mint 12 (and Linux in general). After trying most of the DE's that are available, Mint 13 KDE works for me the best and pretty much meets all my needs.

Return to “Software & Applications”