Timeline for Linux Mint 13?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chrisportela

Timeline for Linux Mint 13?

Post by chrisportela »

I am running linux mint 11 right now and it's really bothering me. If it was working fine, then I would simply stay with it. However, it's been having many issues such as logging my session out, missing applets, and lack of updates (I think the update repos got messed up) and I want to start new. But, it seems that I have decided to do this just before LM13 is coming out. So I do not want to install/setup LM12 just so that I can do that yet again in LM13. I'll just want to go to a clean install of LM13 when it comes out.

That said, I can't find out when it will come out, what stage it's in, etc...

Could someone shed some light on this for me please? I would rather install a working system that install Arch Linux and setup that entire system. I have things to do (otherwise I would gladly spend all that time :D)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
realitykid

Re: Timeline for Linux Mint 13?

Post by realitykid »

Linux Mint 13 will release when it is ready. There isn't a set release date for Mint. This way the developers can have plenty of time to work out the bugs before release. It should be released soon though. Might have to wait till the beginning of next month, but it shouldn't be too much longer now.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

There are some issues remaining in Cinnamon that Clem wants to fix first. At least, that's how I understood a chat message of yesterday. He hasn't been too clear on the Mint 13 status.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

AlbertP wrote:There are some issues remaining in Cinnamon that Clem wants to fix first. At least, that's how I understood a chat message of yesterday. He hasn't been too clear on the Mint 13 status.
That's to be expected. It'll be nice to have some of the issues worked out in preparation for Mint 13.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

A Cinnamon ISO is currently being tested by the testing team. Mint 13 release candidate will probably appear soon.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

AlbertP wrote:A Cinnamon ISO is currently being tested by the testing team. Mint 13 release candidate will probably appear soon.
Cool! I'm looking forward to an RC release. Although, I'll probably limit that to a USB flash drive. lol
aelfinn

RC of Linux Mint 13 is available

Post by aelfinn »

The release candidate of Linux Mint 13 (Maya) is available on the mirror servers. I am writing this from a live session of the x64/Cinnamon flavour, and I am pretty impressed. Very good speed, it looks very neat, no real glitches so far.
realitykid

Re: RC of Linux Mint 13 is available

Post by realitykid »

aelfinn wrote:The release candidate of Linux Mint 13 (Maya) is available on the mirror servers. I am writing this from a live session of the x64/Cinnamon flavour, and I am pretty impressed. Very good speed, it looks very neat, no real glitches so far.
Thank you for sharing. I agree that Mint 13 Cinnamon is really good. :) I love it thus far. There are a few minor bugs, but nothing major.
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

realitykid wrote:
aelfinn wrote:The release candidate of Linux Mint 13 (Maya) is available on the mirror servers. I am writing this from a live session of the x64/Cinnamon flavour, and I am pretty impressed. Very good speed, it looks very neat, no real glitches so far.
Thank you for sharing. I agree that Mint 13 Cinnamon is really good. :) I love it thus far. There are a few minor bugs, but nothing major.
Most people get a blood type test and its O, A, AM
Clem has this in his veins.
nomko

Post by nomko »

Compared to Mint 12, how does Mint 13 hold it up? Can it be said it far more stable than Mint 12? Lesser bugs than in Mint 12? I'm not sure to upgrade (fresh/new install) to Mint 13.

@Murdock:
For bugs i'm using a very old but proven remedy :mrgreen:
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

nomko wrote:Compared to Mint 12, how does Mint 13 hold it up? Can it be said it far more stable than Mint 12? Lesser bugs than in Mint 12? I'm not sure to upgrade (fresh/new install) to Mint 13.
At the moment, I don't trust Mint 13 to be less buggy than 12. After all, this isn't as stable release yet. However, it may very well be less buggy than 12 on release. I've had almost nothing but stability on Mint 12 though.
Murdock wrote:Image
nomko wrote: @Murdock:
For bugs i'm using a very old but proven remedy :mrgreen:
Lol. Nice one guys!
reiga

Post by reiga »

Maya Mate 32/64bit and Cinnamon 64bit ISO is currently being tested by the testing team. :wink:

edit: Cinnamon 32bit is now tested, too.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

It has arrived - at least the MATE and Cinnamon versions were released today! :D OOPS, just looked at the time... it was released yesterday!

In the words of Humphrey Bogart at the end of Casablanca - ...I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... :D

Enjoy!
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image

Return to “Non-technical Questions”