LINUX MINT HDD TRANSFER... PC to MAC

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deeteevee

LINUX MINT HDD TRANSFER... PC to MAC

Post by deeteevee »

Hello everyone,

So I had a wonderful Acer Aspire One D250 running Linux Mint. I recently broke the screen entirely and didn't feel like paying for repairs so I took the harddrive out. I have a Macbook that has a busted HDD so I decided I would put the Acer's Mint HDD into the Mac. It worked a few times when I would press the brightness button while it booted. Everything worked fine without any tweaking from when it was in the Acer.

The Mac decided to not recognize the HDD now so I am here to ask how I can completely format the HDD from Linux Mint. I want to install MAC OSX onto the HDD then properly dualboot it with Linux. If anyone has any idea how I can do this please, please, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,

DTV
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LINUX MINT HDD TRANSFER... PC to MAC

Post by xenopeek »

A thorough way to do this is to use DBAN, which will wipe the entire hard disk: http://www.dban.org/ Just burn it to a CD, boot from it and do a one-pass wipe.

Return to “Other topics”