mintMenu 3.1 released in Romeo

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: mintMenu 3.1 released in Romeo

Post by Zwopper »

belovedmonster wrote:I like the slab, I just dont see why the icons have to be so huge and why I cant customize it more.
I personally like the new mintMenu VERY much!
...and at least some of the icons are scalable, and I think I remember Clem saying that things will be fixed in the next version...
So have a little faith! :D
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
drew17112

Post by drew17112 »

Just thought I post a bug I found with this and all other versions of mintMenu: Using a dark gnome theme doesnt work very well. It makes everything look kinda messed up. Just look at it for yourself.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

drew17112 wrote:Just thought I post a bug I found with this and all other versions of mintMenu: Using a dark gnome theme doesnt work very well. It makes everything look kinda messed up. Just look at it for yourself.
Make sure you check the "Use custom color" and it will work fine!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
drew17112

Post by drew17112 »

Zwopper wrote:
drew17112 wrote:Just thought I post a bug I found with this and all other versions of mintMenu: Using a dark gnome theme doesnt work very well. It makes everything look kinda messed up. Just look at it for yourself.
Make sure you check the "Use custom color" and it will work fine!
Wow, I can't believe I didnt see that before. Thanks a bunch! :lol:
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

Another item. In Mintmenu I could NOT get hplip toolbox to work. When you click on the icon there is absolutely NO activity. I had to go into the control center to activate the hp toolbox and install my officejet 7200. I did not see anyone else with this problem so I thought I would post it. Also, I tried to uninstall an application from mintmenu and it would not do that neither would a bad menu entry from the menu.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
krt

Post by krt »

OK, how did you get the tool box (hplip) to work in the control center; I am getting nowhere!

Thanks,

krt

Edit: I see that it is located in /usr/share/... but I do not see how to make a desktop shortcut icon, since the system will not let me drag and drop (I am not authorized).

How do I get around that?

Thank you,

krt
krt

Post by krt »

Well, one solution is to right click the desktop and launch application and enter path (after you finally get path) and then select suitable icon, but that certainly seems like the hard way . . . ?

krt
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

Actually I didn't do anything to get the hp toolbox to work in "control center". I just checked again and it still does NOT work in MintMenu.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
neo67
Level 2
Level 2

Post by neo67 »

Hello,

I try it and have a little problem, the function "show in my favorites" does not work?
I use daryna with all given updates...

neo67
Running Linux Mint 6 KDE CE on an acer TravelMate C200
LinuxMintUsers.De
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

One problem I've been having with mintMenu 3.1 is launching Wine applications. Under the 'Wine" Category it will show the programs I have installed which in this case is Minitab 15. When I click on it nothing happens. When I run it through the regular gnome menu it boots up perfectly. Also in the gnome menu, Wine -> Program Files -> etc, however in mintMenu there is no "Programs" subcategory showing up (just launchable icons). The new features are great and much easier to configure than before. I'm not quite sure what the hover function is supposed to do, when I turn it off there is no noticeable difference. And when i turn it back on, you can no longer "hover" over the categories showing the apps, you actually have to click on a category i.e. accessories, graphics, internet, etc, to show the relevant apps. Upon reboot its back to normal. (which is a shame because I kinda like that way better).
Paul_Vandenberg
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Paul_Vandenberg »

Awesome menu! This is the major reason that I prefer Mint over other distros! Keep up the good work! It is much better than SUSE's Slab menu.

Paul
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

I followed the instruction twice but MintMenu 3.0 still gets installed. Romeo is enabled, I checked for some programs that are only in Romeo to make sure. Any way around this?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

In the worst case you can always get the deb here: http://linuxmint.com/repository/pool/daryna/m/mintmenu/

Clem
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

I found a small bug, not sure if it is mentioned here. Using the recent documents plugin and trying to access a document that does not exists will lock the computer, and I have to restart X (ctrl + alt + Backspace)in order to get control again. I could post a screenshot, but that requires me to lock my computer so..
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin

Return to “Releases & Announcements”