Favourite Cinnamon Applets

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SallyK
Level 4
Level 4

Favourite Cinnamon Applets

Post by SallyK »

(I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Cinnamon section, but since it's more discussion than support request, I put it here. Sorry if it needs moving.)

Which are your favourite Cinnamon applets? Are there any you can't do without? Do you think some of them ought to be in the default install?

I really think Better Settings ought to be the standard - it even has a better icon (i.e. one that makes it easier to recognise what it does). Including the System and Start-up settings on the menu makes it far more useful, as does including links for Screenshot and Terminal.

I also like Window list with window preview, and All in One Places, though I know there are a number of variations that probably work better for other people.

It would be really interesting to know which applets other people find useful.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hellfire695

Re: Favourite Cinnamon Applets

Post by hellfire695 »

gnome-like menus get me something very similiar to the gnoem 2 menu, love it
cwwgateway

Re: Favourite Cinnamon Applets

Post by cwwgateway »

Classic Menu, Windows List with app grouping, hardware monitor, user menu, and messaging menu.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”