xfce Update Manager not auto-updating

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
slavik262

xfce Update Manager not auto-updating

Post by slavik262 »

I have the Update Manager in an xfce panel set to auto-refresh (with the default time of every 15 minutes). On the specified interval, the icon changes to indicate that it's refreshing, but it doesn't detect new updates until I open it and manually refresh it. Is there some reason the auto-refresh functionality isn't working for me?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aes2011
Level 4
Level 4

Re: xfce Update Manager not auto-updating

Post by aes2011 »

slavik262 wrote:I have the Update Manager in an xfce panel set to auto-refresh (with the default time of every 15 minutes). On the specified interval, the icon changes to indicate that it's refreshing, but it doesn't detect new updates until I open it and manually refresh it. Is there some reason the auto-refresh functionality isn't working for me?
You could mention the Xfce version number: 4.8 or 4.10?
slavik262

Post by slavik262 »

4.8. I'm on using LMDE 201204.
Inkit

Post by Inkit »

I've noticed the same thing, and although I cannot explain why this happens, I find that if I change the refresh time to something other than default (I have it set to once every 6 hrs) I get notified immediately any new update comes in.
on4aa

Post by on4aa »

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install update-notifier-common anacron
resolves this issue in an elegant way on LMDE systems.
You can read more about it here and here

Return to “LMDE Archive”