Boot problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xray7224

Boot problem

Post by xray7224 »

i have been trying to install mint for quite some time now but i have been having problems and i have searched the web and i cannot understand why this is happening. When i boot from the linux mint CD it halts and freezes up, it dose not let me us F1, F2, F3, F4, etc... and i cannot chose safe graphics or normal boot or anything it just freezes. What makes this strange i can boot from ubuntu and install it no problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Boot problem

Post by Fornhamfred »

Have you checked the cd?It may not have copied properly. I would suggest you re-burn the cd as slowly as possible and then try again. I am assuming that you have enough ram as Ubuntu loads OK.
xray7224

Post by xray7224 »

The CD works fine i have used it in diffrent computers and its booted up and installed fine and i did burn it at 4x. i have 2gb of RAM and ubuntu dose load fine there is no problem with ubuntu and booting or installing
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

Sorry Xray I do not really have any other solutions. I have experienced this type of problem with other distros when they load on one machine and not others. It may be worth detailing your complete machine spec, here just in case someone else has come across the same problem associated with part of your hardware.

Good Luck
xray7224

Post by xray7224 »

my computer is a toshiba laptop its specs are:

Processor Type: Intel Pentium Dual Core T2310
Processor speed: (1.46 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB Cache) mhz
Memory Size: 2 GB MB
Memory Type: DDR2 667 MHZ
Hard Drive Capacity: 120 Gb
Optical Drives: DVD-SuperMulti Dual Layer
CD-ROM Speed: 24 x
CD-RW Speed: READ 24X, WRITE 10X x
DVD-ROM Speed: 8 x
Screen Size/Type: 15.4" WXGA TruBrite
Graphics Card Type: INTEL GMA X3100
Graphics Memory: 358 MB
Sound Type: 16 bit Stereo
Wireless Enabled: YES
Other Interfaces: WIFI 802.11b
Battery Type: Lithium Ion

i just copy and pasted that off the website of ware i got the laptop from i know you dont need to know half of that but i wont take it off because the problem could be linked to something else for all i know.

Return to “Installation & Boot”