sound problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zerorepent

sound problem

Post by zerorepent »

Hi
I've been using linux for a couple of months now. Went from ubuntu to linux mint (gnome), then to linux mint xfce, and so on. Now I'm trying linux mint kde ce, however i have run into a problem. My sound isn't working anylonger. I've always had problem getting the sound to work in all releases I've tried, but the solution has always been to follow the few steps on this site, http://lddubeau.com/avaktavyam/linux-on-a-compal-ifl90/ . Strangely enough this solution doesn't seem to work in the kde ce :(

Whenever I try to run a program thats try to use sound i get the fellowing, "Xine message: Audio output is unavailabe. Device is busy. () " or something similar depending on the program I run.

I'll appreciate all the help I can get!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerorepent

Re: sound problem

Post by zerorepent »

Well, seems that I posted in the wrong forum, however the problem is now solved, redid all the steps on the site above, even though I got the same text output after beeing finished with the steps the sound works perfectly now.

so thx again for an excellent dist!
Husse

Re: sound problem

Post by Husse »

This seems to be something connected to Firefox, if FF is open it grabs the sound system so you get the message.
I've also seen a suggestion to kill esd which is a sound daemon

Return to “Software & Applications”