Linuxmint 13 release date?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cwwgateway

Re: Linuxmint 13 release date?

Post by cwwgateway »

realitykid wrote:I'm hoping that Mint 13 comes out soon, personally. Best operating system and Linux distro I have ever used! I am, however, wondering if the release of Mint 13 will come with Cinnamon 1.5, or if it'll be 1.4 still. Because I don't think 1.4 is quite stable enough for Mint 13, although I do use it in 12 daily.
Mint 13 will come with Cinnamon 1.5.
kamran

Post by kamran »

Really waiting for LM13, I want to upgrade from LM9 to the new LTS release.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

kamran wrote:Really waiting for LM13, I want to upgrade from LM9 to the new LTS release.

Me too
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
SCrid2000

Post by SCrid2000 »

I'm hoping the RC drops soon :) I backed up my LM12 partition and wiped it before I sent my laptop to Dell for a warranty repair (the ribbon connecting the monitor had a bad connection, and since modern laptops are made to be thrown away I couldn't fix it) so I'm waiting for LM13 to drop and I'll just install that.
Oh, first post btw. Hi everyone :lol:
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

The MATE ISOs are testing right now. My guess (this is a complete guess) is that they won't make Cinnamon ISOs until Cinnamon 1.5 (and whatever comes with Cinnamon 1.5) is ready.
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

cwwgateway wrote:The MATE ISOs are testing right now. My guess (this is a complete guess) is that they won't make Cinnamon ISOs until Cinnamon 1.5 (and whatever comes with Cinnamon 1.5) is ready.
I'm hoping that will be before long. :)
lfrst05

Post by lfrst05 »

Could it be that this is the official RC?

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/linuxmint-13-cinnamon-dvd-64bit-rc.iso

EDIT: Sorry. Found the RC thread 5 seconds after posting this.
Serva

Post by Serva »

Good afternoon ,

The only thing that blame with Mint is the distribution with KDE , this is not a priority for the team , but is my favorite , it's a shame for me , anyway keep the good work .

Regards
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

@ Serva: The default editions of Mint do not have KDE. The KDE edition is usually coming a few months after the normal release. I don't understand however what you exactly wanted to say.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

AlbertP wrote:@ Serva: The default editions of Mint do not have KDE. The KDE edition is usually coming a few months after the normal release. I don't understand however what you exactly wanted to say.
I think he basically said that the KDE edition sucks, but the rest of the Mint editions are pretty good. I don't know for sure though.
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

realitykid wrote:
AlbertP wrote:@ Serva: The default editions of Mint do not have KDE. The KDE edition is usually coming a few months after the normal release. I don't understand however what you exactly wanted to say.
I think he basically said that the KDE edition sucks, but the rest of the Mint editions are pretty good. I don't know for sure though.
After reading it again I agree with you, but I'm also not sure.
veggen

Post by veggen »

Just for the fun of it, I'll chip in with my interpretation (for which I'm fairly certain is correct). I believe he said he blames Mint for not making KDE edition a priority, as it is his favorite, but congratulates them all-around for the job well done.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

veggen wrote:Just for the fun of it, I'll chip in with my interpretation (for which I'm fairly certain is correct). I believe he said he blames Mint for not making KDE edition a priority, as it is his favorite, but congratulates them all-around for the job well done.
That's what it sounds like to me. I just don't get it why every developer doesn't design their distro to my preferences. :?
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

tdockery97 wrote: I just don't get it why every developer doesn't design their distro to my preferences. :?
Lol. Because you're not the only one who uses them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”