GTK3 themes and MATE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lKingjr

GTK3 themes and MATE

Post by lKingjr »

I've noticed for whatever reason a number of GTK3 themes that draw correctly in LM12 & LM13 do not draw correctly in LMDE.
Any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AJ1000

Re: GTK3 themes and MATE

Post by AJ1000 »

Install ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 oneiric version. (Select '* For Ubuntu 11.04 and before: old versions' hyperlink from the ubuntu tweak site and you will find it.)
Most of Ubuntu tweak does not work but window decoration stuff does. To get there select Tweaks tab, theme option. Set the 'Gtk Theme' and 'Windows Theme' and it will decorate the windows correctly.
lKingjr

Re: GTK3 themes and MATE

Post by lKingjr »

AJ1000 wrote:Install ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 oneiric version. (Select '* For Ubuntu 11.04 and before: old versions' hyperlink from the ubuntu tweak site and you will find it.)
Most of Ubuntu tweak does not work but window decoration stuff does. To get there select Tweaks tab, theme option. Set the 'Gtk Theme' and 'Windows Theme' and it will decorate the windows correctly.
thanks. will give it a try.

edit: I installed ubuntu tweak 0.7.0.1 (the oneric version). It didn't actually change the window or GTK theme within ubuntu tweak itself. however, I can now change themes and window borders in desktop references correctly.

thanks again. :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”