Nautilus / Xfce drag and drop bug?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Nautilus / Xfce drag and drop bug?

Postby notty on Fri May 18, 2012 10:43 am

I'm running LMDE / Xfce and Nautilus as my file manger. Nautilus is set not to handle my desktop. When I'm moving files around between tabs or between breadcrumbs or dragging and dropping from the archive manager, as soon as I release the mouse button over the folder Nautilus freezes, with the cursor still on the "hand+ icon". Sometimes after awhile it resumes, but most of the time I found the only way I found to unfreeze it is to press ctrl-alt-f2. Once I go back to my desktop I find that Nautilus dropped the file where ever it wanted in the directory tree, sometimes two or more directories deep. Now for the fun part.... I can't for the life of me recreate it in a controlled manner. It's almost like Nautilus waits patiently until I'm moving important files. Out of boredom and before I wiped my machine, I installed version 3.4.2 from testing and the same issues happen. I just ran Nautilus from the terminal and it wasn't freezing (this time) but I did see this error every time I moved a file around.

Code: Select all
** (nautilus:3872): WARNING **: Could not inhibit power management: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Name "org.gnome.SessionManager" does not exist

Any suggestions other then use a different file manager? Am I the only one?
notty
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Nautilus / Xfce drag and drop bug?

Postby notty on Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 pm

I guess I am the only one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
notty
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nautilus / Xfce drag and drop bug?

Postby mir0 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,

no, you are not "alone" with this problem. I also noticed this bug since mint linux 12 or 13. Unfortunately, it is not very easy to reproduce this :-/

Happends with: thinkpad t520 / MATE Panel / Filemanager Caja
mir0
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications