add shutdown button on taskbar

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sunsun

add shutdown button on taskbar

Post by sunsun »

Hi,

Is there a way to add a shutdown button on taskbar ? I searched in taskbar possible applets, and didn't find any.

thank you !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
seppalta

Re: add shutdown button on taskbar

Post by seppalta »

You have to add it like an application. See http://douwil7.100webspace.net/linux/Tuning.html#4 . There should be a shutdown desktop file in /usr/share/applications. Be sure it is correct to display a shutdown in one of the menu categories from which you can add it to the taskbar panel in the usual way: Exec=lxde-logout NoDisplay=false OnlyShowIn=LXDE; Categories= Put in Categories where you want it to appear in the main menu, or leave it blank to appear in Others.
sunsun

Re: add shutdown button on taskbar

Post by sunsun »

thank you (for both your answers on this topic and the other one).

It's a bit complex for me : I'm one of these new linux users, quite similar to most mac users I believe...Using only linux at home for the 6 or 7 lasts years, but still never use a terminal or notepad if I'm not forced to :mrgreen:

Return to “Software & Applications”