Strange behavior in expo mode

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ergosys

Strange behavior in expo mode

Post by ergosys »

"Expo" mode (ctrl-alt-uparrow) doesn't seem to be working right. It shows my two workspaces as expected, but when I move my mouse over any window they run away. That is, they slide over to one side, leaving just one small bit that can be grabbed, sometimes I can't actually grab the window I want because it's hidden by others bunched up on the side. When I do manage to drag a window, the window doesn't seem to go where I put it, but it's very confusing to describe. I have two monitors, using nvidia twin-view, primary on the right, if it matters. Is this a known bug? I'm using cinnamon 1.4, LMDE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Strange behavior in expo mode

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
ergosys

Post by ergosys »

Making the left-most monitor primary is a workaround for this problem. This also fixes a few other issues I was having:

* tooltips showing up in the wrong place
* notifications showing up in the wrong place
* inability to select "traditional" desktop layout (although flipped still crashes).

Although this is satisfactory for me, I hope this problem gets some attention in the near future.
Delfairen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Delfairen »

ergosys wrote:Making the left-most monitor primary is a workaround for this problem. This also fixes a few other issues I was having:

* tooltips showing up in the wrong place
* notifications showing up in the wrong place

Although this is satisfactory for me, I hope this problem gets some attention in the near future.

I have this issue but unfortunately I can not switch around the monitors as only has hdmi and the other dvi. Is there anyway around this?
ergosys

Post by ergosys »

You can change the primary monitor in nvidia-settings (select X Server Display Configuration), just make it the left one for everything to work right.

Return to “LMDE Archive”