mac keyboard on mint 12 LXDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sunsun

mac keyboard on mint 12 LXDE

Post by sunsun »

Hi,

I'm trying to use a macintosh aluminum keyboard (with numpad) on linux mint 12 LXDE.

I configured the macintosh keyboard in preferences, it's working correctly except for < and @ keys.

I searched on internet, and found this command, wich fixes my problem once you run it in a terminal :

Code: Select all

xmodmap -e 'keycode 94=at numbersign' -e 'keycode 49=less greater less greater less greater'

But I have to do it each time I boot my system. Any way to automatize this on mint 12 LXDE version ?

thank you a lot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JohnYate

Re: mac keyboard on mint 12 LXDE

Post by JohnYate »

Hi sunsun. I'm still blown away by your throwaway comment (in a previous posting about "resumes"), in which you likened yourself to a Mac user rather than a PC user. Definitely one up for Linux Mint !
BTW, your last couple of transposed symbol characters look very like the ones we UK (PC) keyboard user have trouble with, when it's not been possible to load our locale setup, and the machine thinks we've got US keyboards.
sunsun

Post by sunsun »

The workaround I found works pretty well for my problem. The problem is how to automatize it on each boot...That's the question :mrgreen:
sunsun

Post by sunsun »

No idea on how I could make this tweak permanent ?

Thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”