After 3 yrs of Ubuntu I am thinking of giving Linux Mint 13 a go. I want it to dual boot with Windows 7 (130 GB) so I started the installation process from the CD and at the partitioning step I see I've still got a previous Windows Vista loader which I erased when installing Windows 7. I want to erase Ubuntu 11.10 and in its place put Mint 13. I also want GRUB to handle the booting process and I want to definitely erase the Vista loader.
In the "Device for boot loader installation" drop down menu I have the following options:
- /dev/sda ATA ST9160821A6 (160.0 GB)
- /dev/sda1 Windows 7 (loader)
- /dev/sda5 Ubuntu 11.10
- /dev/sda2 Windows Vista (loader)
1. How do I erase the Vista loader definitely? Will it affect Windows 7?
2. How much SWAP space do I allocate? (I think I have 1 GB RAM)
3. The second 11 GB partition (sda6), has a 'home' folder completely empty. How do I utilize that space?
4. Can you give me some advice on how to save my 'home' folder (in /dev/sda5) in all this?