taskbar/menubar/mintmenu missing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pacemaker1280

taskbar/menubar/mintmenu missing

Post by pacemaker1280 »

I just installed mint 9 isadora fluxbox. For some reason the menu doesn't exist at the bottom. There's still the bar that shows the tabs and the time, but the "start menu" on the bottom used to access programs isn't there. I noticed it wasn't there on the live cd test boot either. I've checked all the settings I have access to and can't find anything.

Anyone experienced this before? Know what to do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: taskbar/menubar/mintmenu missing

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator
sjonesy

Post by sjonesy »

Um its fluxbox, the start button doesnt exist, right context menu is used for most everything.
leodelacruz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by leodelacruz »

You can install xfce4-panel, this has menu ;)
Alaric

Post by Alaric »

Off the top of my head, you'll have to go to ~/.fluxbox/startup and comment out tint2. Then add in the xfce4-panel in place of tint2.

The entry below will be near the end of the ~/.fluxbox/startup file, and will need to be commented out. Then add in your replacement taskbar. Hopefully, the menu starts with the xfce4-panel, but I wouldn't know. Sorry I can't give you a step-by-step, but maybe this will point you in the right direction.

Code: Select all

tint2 -c ~/.tint2rc &
Don't forget the ampersand after whatever command starts the xfce panel (Probably /usr/bin/xfce4-panel.) If you have Synaptic package manager installed, look at the description box for xfce4-panel and it will tell you which additional entries (binaries) will need to be called in the startup file. Good Luck.

Return to “Software & Applications”