Knoppix Install...

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Knoppix Install...

Post by civint »

I intend on creating myself a nice respin of knoppix for personal use (basically, the system I crave...debian based, up to date etc etc), and I was just wondering, has anyone tried a hard drive install of knoppix at all, and what would be the basic differences between a knoppix hard drive install and a debian sid hard drive install.

civ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yamawho
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Knoppix Install...

Post by yamawho »

The rolling updates is the reason Mepis switched to Debian in version 7 from ubuntu in version 6.5.

Sidux sounds interesting ...
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Knoppix Install...

Post by civint »

just to clarify then, sidux is essentially debian sid, but with a live cd install, and so no matter what the install date, I would effectively have an up to date system (like arch linux or similar).
DO you think it would be possible to edit sid like I would be able to edit knoppix?
Sidux looks very much like what I want, except with some tweaks it'd be better ;-)

Return to “Chat about Linux”