My Linux Mint 14 - Multi-Boot DVD

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AmyGrrl
Level 1
Level 1

My Linux Mint 14 - Multi-Boot DVD

Post by AmyGrrl »

This is my Linux Mint 14 Multi-Boot DVD on a Dual Layer DVD. The reason it took so long is I wanted to make it look pretty. So here's what my menu looks like. Tell me what you think? I know its nothing special. I'm just really happy I got it working.

I used Xboot to make the Multi-Boot ISO. This part took awhile because it kept making double images of everything. Then I finally figured out how to add them correctly. Then I used Magic ISO to edit the ISO and edit the menu files. Stole a Linux Mint Wallpaper that I found on Google. Added the files that let me Restart and Shutdown the Computer. Not sure I like the Boot From Hard Drive label. I might call it something else, but not sure what to call it. Anything else I should add to it? I tested this in VMware and all versions boot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: My Linux Mint 13 - Multi-Boot DVD

Post by xenopeek »

Well, cool :D
vaikz

Post by vaikz »

Great Job.

Just on question. When adding the ISO's what option did you choose when identifying the ISO?
AmyGrrl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AmyGrrl »

Not sure if this was the right option to select. But it worked just fine. I was able to boot right to the Desktop on all versions. It no longer copied the ISO files twice, Which made it too big to fit on a Single Layer DVD.

ISO files which supports Live-media-path kernel parmeter
vaikz

Post by vaikz »

thanks for the reply
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

That looks cool!
sgr

Post by sgr »

Hi mate,
nice job must say.
Can you tell me what command did you use to shutdown the machine from grub?
I was trying to do this same with halt command but somehow it doesn't work just freezes instead of powering off.

Cheers,
AmyGrrl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AmyGrrl »

I already stated the option I used 3 posts up. --> ISO files which supports Live-media-path kernel parmeter
TIMONLINE

Post by TIMONLINE »

I'm a complete novice but am trying to book Linux 13 from a DVD that I cut earlier which contains the iso file but my PC just reboots back into Mint 7 - any suggestions?
AmyGrrl
Level 1
Level 1

Re: My Linux Mint 14 - Multi-Boot DVD

Post by AmyGrrl »

I updated my first post. I remade my Linux Mint 13 Multi-Boot DVD with Linux Mint 14. Everything fits on a Dual Layer DVD now.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”