recordmydesktop and Istanbul not recording audio

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
swright007

recordmydesktop and Istanbul not recording audio

Post by swright007 »

I am used to installing Recordmydesktop in Mate edition. I tried LMDE because a friend recommended it. I LOVE LMDE because I can maneuver way better than in regular Debian ! That being said-- I just tried to install Recordmydesktop and couldn't find how to make the sound work.

In Mate you select the mixer's"Sound Settings" and click on the Hardware tab. In Hardware you could select if you wanted Internal sound "Analog Stereo Output" or sound from an external source "Analog Stereo Duplex". There is no such Hardware tab in LMDE's almost identical control. How do I make that setting so I can get my on-board sound recorded? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Wright

I also tried Istanbul but prefer Recordmydesktop. Any help with either program would be welcome.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: recordmydesktop and Istanbul not recording audio

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Please don't cross-post, see the forum rules :wink: I deleted your other post, as it was missing the Istanbul comment.
swright007

Post by swright007 »

It wasn't intentional. I forgot that I was looking for the answer under tutorials and thought I was still in Newbies. I didn't mean to post there. Thank you for deleting it for me.

Scott Wright
ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

You should have a pulse audio volume control in the multimedia menu, if you run that when your recording there is a record tab in the volume control screen where you can set things.
If you don't have the pulse audio volume control then install pavucontrol
swright007

Post by swright007 »

installed pavucontrol and still have nothing but static. I made the switch to internal audio and Stereo output but it isn't working like in MATE version. There is nothing in the recording tab and nothing in the input tab... I have controls for OSS and ALSA but no controls for Pulse Audio. However, it says Pulse Audio is installed when I try to install it through apt-get
ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

This lnk might help you http://thistleweb.co.uk/screencast/linu ... dmydesktop

I also seem to remember adding padsp before recordmy desktop "padsp recordmydesktop" it wasn't written for pulse and I think that enables it.
äxl

Post by äxl »

swright007 wrote:However, it says Pulse Audio is installed when I try to install it through apt-get
Which one?

Code: Select all

~ $ dpkg -l | grep pulse
ii  gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio                      0.10.31-1                       GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0                       1.1-3                           PulseAudio client libraries (glib support)
ii  libpulse0                                     1.1-3                           PulseAudio client libraries
ii  pulseaudio                                    1.1-3                           PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-esound-compat                      1.1-3                           PulseAudio ESD compatibility layer
ii  pulseaudio-module-gconf                       1.1-3                           GConf module for PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-module-x11                         1.1-3                           X11 module for PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-module-zeroconf                    1.1-3                           Zeroconf module for PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-utils                              1.1-3                           Command line tools for the PulseAudio sound server
swright007

Post by swright007 »

all is says is:

Code: Select all

pulseaudio is already the newest version
 0 upgraded,  0 newly installed,  0 to remove and 0 not upgraded  

I look it up another way and find these installed :

gl-streamer0.10-pulseaudio
libpulse-mainloop-glib0
libpulse0
pulseaudio-esound-compat
pulseaudio-module-gconf
pulseaudio-module-x11
pulseaudio-module-zeroconf
pulseaudio-utils
pulseaudio
äxl

Post by äxl »

If I'm understanding you correctly you have no Devices list in mate-volume-control?
With (Alsa Mixer) I get a tab called Recording ...

Also look here for alternatives: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=99922

Return to “LMDE Archive”