Conky not loading properly on startup

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SynGates

Conky not loading properly on startup

Post by SynGates »

Hello, I have Linux Mint on my old laptop and I have been configuring Conky and I can run it good from Terminal and the Alt+F2 command but when I configure Mint to load it on system startup it does not load properly. It practically loads over the status bar. I will provide a picture below.

Is there a quick way to fix this?

http://i.imgur.com/Xuf9r.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Conky not loading properly on startup

Post by Habitual »

increase "gap y" value...
mikecrosoft

Post by mikecrosoft »

Hello SynGates. Edit your .conkyrc file, it should be located at /home/your_username_here unless you are loading a custom configuration file, look for "own_window_type" and try with "override", "desktop" and "normal" values. Try them in the exposed order, save your configuration after each try and reaload conky with its .conkyrc file. Examples:

Code: Select all

own_window_type override
own_window_type desktop
own_window_type normal
Hope this helps!.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

thank you mikecrosoft,

Adding own_window_type desktop corrected the problem I was having with conky.
I already had hte override line in from previous configurations.

Running LM-13, installed a few days ago. top would indicate that conky was running, but nothing was visible.
mikecrosoft

Post by mikecrosoft »

Hello everyone. You're welcome dawgdoc, desktop value works right with conky on Mint; there's only one little disadvantage, if you press the button or hit the keybind to show the desktop conky also gets iconified, but at the moment I haven't found a better solution. If you use only a window manager, like openbox, override value works as it has to. Wish you all a great day!.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”