Duplicates in Miro

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Duplicates in Miro

Post by GoustiFruit »

Hi,

Anyone knows how to deal with the bug in Miro that makes some files appear in double in the library ?
I found out - I think - that it does only occur when the files are in a folder containing special characters in its name (for ex. all the files in my "Vidéos" folder will show in double)...
But is there a fix to that problem other than storing my files in a folder without accents ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Duplicates in Miro

Post by Husse »

Double??
Strange...
Do you have the right locale? I guess so
The basis for this is that computing evolved much in the US and the good people there were (and probably still are) oblivious to the fact that there are other characters than a-z and 0-9 and a few other...
I have no solution but perhaps Vidéos is interpreted as something else than Videos and the content repeated...
Hope this makes some sense
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

I already had problems in the past with accentuated characters in files and folders names but I don't remember exactly what it was (it wasn't with Miro).
Yes I have the right locales (french).
And no, I do not agree that computing evolved much in the US :-) It's more about the language being used "universally" in the 20th... at the end of the 21th (if we can reach it) chinese will prevail :-D
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well, if computing had evolved in the UK I think there had been a far larger awareness of characters outside the pure ascii set....
Can you try to create a folder with some diacritic characters like å ä ö ? (The three last letters in the swedish alphabet)
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

US are good at advertising and selling (look at M$) and at buying when they want to make others' ideas theirs. They made computing evolve at the business level. But for real creation ?

I'll try to create such a folder... next time I boot Mint :-p I still have to work under Windows sometimes :oops:

UPDATE: I just installed Miro 1.1.2 and it *seems* to work now, I don't have any duplicate yet. But I will download some videos to be sure.
No problem whatsoever with your swedish characters...

Return to “Software & Applications”