Mint 13 Mate is excellent

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Peterkin2

Mint 13 Mate is excellent

Post by Peterkin2 »

The best you've done so far by a long way. Perfect.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 13 Mate is excellent

Post by Alpha-Geek »

I just did a fresh install of Mint 13 Mate 2 days ago. BRAVO!! to Clem & the rest of the team. It just works. Everything is in the expected place & the options and customization features do their job like they used to. It's kind of like finding a comfortable old pair of shoes in the back of the closet. Put them on & aaaaah. :) Yeah, Mint 13 with Mate is kinda like that.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

Running MATE myself here since Maya's official release and It just works perfectly, Lets keep It like that!!
Myrmidon83

Post by Myrmidon83 »

Also running MATE and loving it, actually just in the process of upgrading my mum's laptop with it.

Only problem is I can't remember which gtk2 theme I was using before. :mrgreen:
misswham

Post by misswham »

I was using Helena for a few years and loved it. Well i had a lot going on, on my desktop with compiz. MATE is closer to Helena than CINNAMON is and I can configure most of it without problem except compiz had my desktop acting a fool. Everytime I moved the mouse, the screen would flicker on and off and my windows all of a sudden didnt have the +-x at the top right for me to mininize, maximize or close. It was horrible but i just REloaded MATE over again and just didnt fool with compiz.

All n all I like the LOOK of CINNAMON but MATE gave me more playing field with chaning colors etc.
holadebob

Post by holadebob »

Mint 13 is just plain incredible. Finally(!) did my backups of my stuff on my really comfy Mint9, downloaded Mint13, decided to go Mate, and installed it. I use my computer strictly as a tool (without the curvy windows, flashes and attacking icons), and it was not only possible, but super easy to exactly duplicate my Mint 9 setup. I can now relax and get on with my life as it is, with a hot desktop ready to tackle the job.

Clem, you and Mint define smooth and cool. Thank you so much for your dedication!

Bob
dexl
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dexl »

I was going to start a new thread on how great LM13 MATE is, but then I saw someone was faster.

Indeed, this is an excellent edition, it's plain, it's got everything in its place, it's a pleasure to work with it. Simply great! Thank you for the release.
Linux Mint 20 MATE
AAAAH!ERMAGAWD!HELP!

Post by AAAAH!ERMAGAWD!HELP! »

Almost started a new thread before seeing this one.

Linux Mint 13 Mate is the best operating system on the planet. Debate me and you'll turn into a cat. Before, Lucid Lynx, hands down, was the best OS ever. Now MATE is a movement that Ubuntu should have made; continue lucid lynx. Way to go Linuxmint! You've modernized Lucid Lynx to the point you can call it your own. Keep going! MATE is the right direction.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”