Music and videos don't work

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scrantoncity

Music and videos don't work

Post by scrantoncity »

Hi, all.

So I just installed Linux Mint 13, and there is an issue with audio/video playback. Instead of playing the song at a normal rate, I am speeding through the song at an alarming rate... With no sound.

For example, if I load a Youtube video, it will jump from 1 -> 5 -> 11 -> 17 -> 22 -> 28 etc. The same thing happens to my music, it will just power on through the track, and I can't get it to play music. It won't make a sound at all. Even videos (ones I have on my hard drive) do the same thing, so it's not a localized problem.

However, the startup sound for Mint plays just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I reinstall (I just installed onto my 64GB SSD, and my data is on the other internal Hard Drive so I won't lose anything.)

BTW I should mention my background. I had Windows installed, then dual booted Ubuntu, then erased Ubuntu and dual booted Mint 12 (everything working perfectly in both OSes) and then I noticed that my SSD was set to IDE mode, limiting its speeds. So I went into the BIOS, switched it to AHCI mode, and then popped in the Mint 13 DVD, then let Mint overwrite the entire SSD (no more dual boot.) Could AHCI be a problem?

Edit: Solved. For anyone else, I identified the problem as using stock drivers for my Radeon 6770. So I followed these instructions: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=100975

Fixed the skipping problem, but then I had no sound still. So I changed my sound settings (Headphones were set as an analog device...) Anyhow works now :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Music and videos don't work

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

I am facing same problem and still its not fixing any suggestions?
Jackson55

Post by Jackson55 »

Okay, I done this and it did not work. Youtube videos are still running at high speeds.

Return to “Sound”