Suspend Fails (Maya/Mate) <SOLVED>

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Penurious Penguin

Suspend Fails (Maya/Mate) <SOLVED>

Post by Penurious Penguin »

Suspend fails to fully suspend, leaving a blank, but dimly lit screen, running fans, and requires reboot to resume system functionality. This occurs whether executed from terminal (pm-suspend) or the Mate menu. I have read that it may be mismatched UUIDs of the partitions, and have also deleted the swap partition several times hoping it might suspend to RAM instead, with no success. From what I have read, it seems I might try changing the UUID of the sawp to a certain -- but unknown to me -- partition UUID so that they match. If so, which partition should match the swap, root, or home? It may be worth noting that I had similar suspend issues with Arch Linux a while back on another Asus, and no encryption.

Specs:
Linux Mint Maya (Mate)
RAM = 4Gig
Swap = none (previously 2Gig)
System = Asus Laptop K53E (Intel i5)
File System = Ext4 Encrypted (durring installation)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
toolio

Re: Suspend Fails (Maya/Mate)

Post by toolio »

I reckon this question gets asked once every day regarding Asus laptops but that's ok... :)

Here's the fix:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1979490

Cheers,

toolio
Penurious Penguin

Re: Suspend Fails (Maya/Mate)

Post by Penurious Penguin »

Solved! Thanks to toolio,

Adding the script to /etc/pm/sleep.d worked well. I'd gotten carried away and fussed around with UUIDs before confirming success and didn't know which change was to credit, but after removing x permissions from the script, suspend failed. So I made it executable again, and it works perfectly. I wish I'd figured this out with Arch :( But I'm quite liking Mate.

Return to “Other topics”