menu icon

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
derixc
Level 1
Level 1

menu icon

Post by derixc »

hi guys! i'm trying to play with my system and I'm having a little problem here. I want to change the default daryna button to a customized icon similar to what they have in gnome-look.org, particularly this. http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=63133 but the issue here is I can't find this key after gconf.
I gconf-editor go under
/apps/panel/objects

Now look in all the subfolders, and look for one where the "object_type" is set to "menu-object" or "menu-bar".
If you find a "menu-object" just scoll down to the key "use_custom_icon", set to True, and then edit the key "custom_icon" and insert the path to the icon you want to use.
If you find a "menu-bar" then change the key "object-type" to "menu-object" and then scoll down to the key "use_custom_icon", set to True, and then edit the key "custom_icon" and insert the path to the icon you want to use. This will replace your menu with an icon.
The only thing showing on my end is object_0 without any key on it. can anyone help me with this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: menu icon

Post by Husse »

This is because the logo is in mintMenu
Sadly I don't know how to change it and the search in this forum is no good...(will have to dig into the phpbb forums)
derixc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by derixc »

yeah, i have been trying to look for answer's here in the forum and in google as well but i still no luck. hopefully we can also have that option in the future to easily configure our preference for the menu icon. :)
derixc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by derixc »

can you post some screenshots? :-D

Return to “Beginner Questions”