Mint 13 Install Woes [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PiperKev
Level 2
Level 2

Mint 13 Install Woes [SOLVED]

Post by PiperKev »

Well, I pulled the trigger tonight on installing Mint 13, and unfortunately the gun blew up in my face... :shock:

I've tried installing both the 32-bit MATE and Cinnamon versions, from LiveCD and from USB stick, and the same exact thing happens during install. I get to the point of the install when the slideshow begins, and the window closes after the first slide. I still get the pinwheel, like the installer's doing something, but that's all I get. I'm formatting and doing a clean install in /, but retaining my /home partition. I thought this might be the problem, but the install goes fine with LM12, which I'm reinstalling.

Does anyone have any suggestions, because I'd really like to do this upgrade...

BTW, I have 1G of RAM, an AMD Sempron 2600+ processor and an Nvidia GeForce 6200 graphics card, if any of that helps!

Cheers,
Kevin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Matt267
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mint 13 Install Woes

Post by Matt267 »

I had the same problem: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=102866

I removed "ubiquity-slideshow-mint" from the software manager while running from the liveDVD. Then I clicked "install mint" and the installer started but the slideshow did not. The installer completed and installed mint 13. Hope this helps.

Matt
PiperKev
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 13 Install Woes

Post by PiperKev »

Awesome, Matt! Thank you!! That worked perfectly, and I'm up & running on Maya!! :D

Return to “Installation & Boot”