Super key not working as modifier anymore

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mint-o-licious

Super key not working as modifier anymore

Post by mint-o-licious »

I installed xfce in Mint11 (standard gnome2-mint) and now my super key won't work as a modifier key anymore. It did work yesterday, just after switching to xfce, but not well. I noticed that sometimes it didn't seem to take, I then switched window focus and it worked again.
Today, after a reboot it doesn't work at all.

Super key works as a standalone key, I have compiz annotate mapped to super+left mouse key for drawing and that works. But in combination with other keys it doesn't work at all. I can't clear the compiz annotate doodle (super+minus) or call up gnome-do (super-space).

Have xfce hijacked super for some reason? How do I get it back to working properly?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: Super key not working as modifier anymore

Post by jjaythomas »

Not sure how the keyboard shortcuts interact when XFCE is installed on top of other DE?
but...
most of the keyboard shortcuts are found and can be changed under 1. setting>keyboard>application shortcuts tab 2. setting>window manager>keyboard tab. (dont always carry over to compiz thou) :oops:

if know command usually a double click lets you change (the keyboard setting lets you add sys ones also)

Compiz ones usually set in compiz, make sure XFwm not running (settings may conflict) :wink:

unfortunately XFCE doesn't have a place their all stored/changed. You can usually find in other logically sounding places/setting. Some can be set from/with setting editor.

Hopes help
J.Jay

Return to “Xfce”