Wrong Mint13 screen resolution with Mint4Win

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
keithp
Level 3
Level 3

Wrong Mint13 screen resolution with Mint4Win

Post by keithp »

I have installed Mint13 Mate inside Windows7, using Mint4Win.

When it boots, there is a message: 'Monitor out of range, reset to 1600x900 @ 60HZ'. (This is the correct setting for the monitor).

Booting stops for about 30 seconds, showing this message, then continues satisfactorily.

Checking the monitor settings, I find that it has been set to 1600x900 @ 50HZ. But the picture looks perfectly OK!

Then, using Additional Drivers, I installed the Recommended Current Version of the nVidia driver. No difference, still the 30 second pause.

The xorg.conf file seems very basic, it's just:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Default Device"
Option "nologo" "True"
End Section.

From my little knowledge of an xorg.conf file, I think that it should contain several sections, all full of settings - especially a range of monitor settings.

For information, I have replaced Mint9 and Mint4Win with Mint13. There was no problem with booting the earlier version.

I know that it isn't a big problem having to sit here waiting for booting to continue, but I can't understand why I have it now and not with any of the earlier versions of Mint.

Any suggestions will be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Keith
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Wrong Mint13 screen resolution with Mint4Win

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator

Return to “Installation & Boot”