My husband and I want to go back to windows

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: My husband and I want to go back to windows

Post by Zwopper »

Sunny Rabbiera wrote:Really I want to go back to windows and so does my husband, because he and I have too much free time on our hands now
Because of linux we dont have anything to do anymore, no more virus scans, no more spyware, no more de frags, and barely any restarts after updating...
Linux is too boring :mrgreen:
Life is good in the free world isn't it!
Extra time for each other - GREAT! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Fred

Post by Fred »

I think that was sarcasm. lol

A little bit of tongue-in-cheek humor. :-)

Fred
NoClue!
Level 3
Level 3

Post by NoClue! »

WOW...........muskratmx, hhahahaah.......lmfao...........now that was some funny sh#$.

Thanks sunny.

I also went through that stage, at the end of your session you can just shutdown your pc and all is well.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

If you are bored then learn to code and contribute some bug fixes! :wink:
draceena

Post by draceena »

hmmm a whole new angle to Linux Mint....

A Minty way to rekindle the romance in your relationship :mrgreen:

Post by Guest »

Here is my method to Install Windows XP for others
Turn on the computer 1min, insert disk 1min, format HDD 20min-restart, install to HDD-40min-restart, enter key code 2min, install MB driver 5min-restart, install video card driver 3min-restart, install network card driver 2min-restart, install sound card driver 2min-restart, install printer driver 4min, download and install first set of updates 10min-restart, download and install SP2 45min-restart, download and install updates for SP2 15min, download and install updates for the updates 5min-restart, get the true M$ software package 3min, download and install W Media player 15min-restart, download and install IE7 10min-restart, download and install more updates 6min, download more updates 10 min-restart. Find all the software CD's and install all of it CD burner, games, whatever else someone has purchased and can't live without. Now it is time to download all the internet stuff Adobe, java support, and what ever. I won't mention any of what I have seen on peoples computers and they wonder why they have problems. Also figure out a security solution whether from an ISP, security company, or the free stuff that never protects everything well not the free stuff. Now it is past time to defragment, scan for viruses, spy ware, Trojans, and worms. I almost forgot now you have to configure the computer sound effects, change the default screen resolution it always puts up 1024x768 and what ever few other things you can do. Now you are done. That was easy. Don't forget to check for updates for Adobe and other software installed. If more software was added repeat the steps from defrag on. Also I tell people to call me in 6 months so I can fix windows because they are going to put all the software, I told them not to, onto there computer and it will slow down like a bicycle with flat tires.
Since you are going back to Windows fallow these steps and DO NOT download and install free software from the internet and you will have a reasonably nice experience.

In comparison Mint takes for ever. 1 hour to download, 10min to burn to a CD, 10 min to install the live CD, 25 min to format and install to the HDD, 20 min to download and install the first set of 40 updates, 35min to download and install the second set of 158 updates, then you have to sift through all that free software 20,000 packages available, then you have to look in the helpful forum and find out how to configure the desktop and use all that free software.

How many restarts did you read before you stopped reading this post.
humptydumpty
Level 1
Level 1

Post by humptydumpty »

I suggest that if you want to keep really busy, first build yourselves a very high-specification PC, something which will just about manage to run Macrohard Windows Vesta. Having done that, you will then be able to spend your kids' inheritance by buying licence renewals (after the one change allowed) every time you need to reformat the hard-drive when the system had become clogged up with crap and deadly infections. I hope that you have similar skills to the late Harry Houdini, because when you run Vesta, your hands will also be well and truly tied! Be aware that if you purchase a top of the range PC with OEM Vesta pre-installed, your feet will also have a large ball and chain attached - to prevent you feeling flushed with success! When you have finished swanning around with Vesta, I recommend that you open your vista and return to Mint! It will take but a few minutes and you will then have time to go and earn back that inheritance, and also write Bill out of your will!

Lord Dumpty.

Return to “Open Chat”