I would highly suggest using a third party application such as Cairo Dock which can be obtained through Linux Mint software manager or alternately in the terminal with the following code:
- Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
it works well with my 21" LCD Monitor and 43" HDTV. Cairo Dock can be configured to switch to your secondary monitor when activated. Alternately you can attempt to move your cinnamon panel with this method:
1. Turn both your monitors on and verify both are working.
2. Open the Mint menu and choose Preferences>Displays.
3. Choose the monitor from the ones shown that has the Cinnamon panel on it.
4. Turn the switch to OFF.
5. Click Apply.
6. Voila. If everything went well you should see the cinnamon panel on your secondary monitor which has now become your Primary monitor.
7. Reactivate your other screen. It should come on, but the panel should stay on your screen of choice.
8. To Switch back to primary screen you just do the reverse or unplug monitor.
Hope this helpful. Have fun!