Minty Colors - Minty Goes Chameleon

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
satya164

Minty Colors - Minty Goes Chameleon

Post by satya164 »

You have given Minty so much love and many many thanks for it. The only complain was Minty was available only in Green color. Today I have a good news for those who liked Minty, but not the green color :)

Ever used Unity? (I know it's awful, takes 2-3 minutes to start on my system and slow) It has really nice feature in which the dash and the launchers will derive color from the wallpaper. If you thought only Unity users could enjoy this, then try Minty Colors. Minty Colors is a chameleon theme for Cinnamon. It can change colors according to the current GTK theme, current wallpaper or a user defined color.

Minty Colors will automatically create a file .minty-colors.conf in the home folder during installation. You can edit it and set your preferences, for example, to set the color, there are different configurations, e.g.- automatic = derive from the gtk theme, wallpaper = according to your wallpaper, other = use user defined color. The color can also be defined in the config file.

If Minty Colors fails to get the color from the GTK theme or wallpaper, the user defined color will be used instead.

After installing, start the Minty Colors background process from the menu. Minty Colors will also start at login and whenever it detects a wallpaper or GTK theme change, it will change the color according to your preferences. You need to set "Minty Colors" as your Cinnamon theme.
minty-colors.png
Linux Mint users can install Minty Colors from our themes PPA using the following commands,

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:satyajit-happy/themes
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cinnamon-theme-minty-colors
Using the PPA means you'll receive all new features and bug fixes automatically. But if you'd rather prefer a manual install then grab Minty Colors below :)

DeviantArt page - http://satya164.deviantart.com/art/Cinn ... -304552689

Cinnamon Spices page - http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/78

If you prefer Gnome Shell, then try Elegance Colors - http://satya164.deviantart.com/art/Gnom ... -305966388
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Minty Colors - Minty Goes Chameleon

Post by bimsebasse »

Awesome.

You just killed all Cinnamon theme competition :D
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

bimsebasse wrote:You just killed all Cinnamon theme competition :D
No way - the next champion would be someone with a theme capable of changing its fonts according to the current GTK+ fonts settings :D
satya164

Post by satya164 »

bimsebasse wrote:Awesome.

You just killed all Cinnamon theme competition :D
:mrgreen:

Btw, did the other modes work for you or not?

Also those who have installed it, I would recommend please remove it, update your sources (apt-get update) and then install again. There is a version number change. So you might not get the latest update if you don't do this.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

I'll check again after dinner, only tested the very first upload.

Btw is launchpad very slow at your end too? The last few days site builds have taken sometimes over 10 hours.
satya164

Post by satya164 »

bimsebasse wrote:I'll check again after dinner, only tested the very first upload.

Btw is launchpad very slow at your end too? The last few days site builds have taken sometimes over 10 hours.
It never took so much time for build, at least for me. But here the themes have been built already, but I don't know why not published yet :(
satya164

Post by satya164 »

I've made some usability improvements :)

Before, if you changed the mode to automatic or wallpaper in the config, you had to change the gtk theme or wallpaper at least once. But now any changes in the config will be applied instantly (within 5 secs) and you don't have to change the wallpaper or theme for that.

I would limit the feature set here to keep the script lean, since it runs in the background. On my system it takes about only 316kb. But it is about 1.5 times more memory before I implemented the new feature.
Monsta wrote:
bimsebasse wrote:You just killed all Cinnamon theme competition :D
No way - the next champion would be someone with a theme capable of changing its fonts according to the current GTK+ fonts settings :D
If someone modifies my theme and script little bit, he can implement this feature easily. It would be the easiest to set fonts. Get the value with gsettings and implement into the theme.
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

Wow Satya, that's amazing!!!

Dudes, take a look at this:
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

This is truly a chameleon :D
satya164

Post by satya164 »

esteban1uy wrote:Wow Satya, that's amazing!!!

Dudes, take a look at this:
Wow. Thanks for the screenshots :)
satya164

Post by satya164 »

Just discovered a bug causing to freeze Gnome Shell, and perhaps Cinnamon too. There was a typo! Fixed it and uploaded new version. Please update.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”