SOLVED: album cover - cover art

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

SOLVED: album cover - cover art

Post by lanrun »

I have been ripping my CD collection on to my PC running Daryna Main. I have used sound juicer for this purpose. Then I have tried amarok a little, amarok builds its own database and can get album covers from amazon. But if I want to play music with another aplication, thes album covers isn't available to them.
Does anyone know a way to get album covers available outside amaroks database? Should I try Cover Finder or Album Cover Art Downloader?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: album cover - cover art

Post by belovedmonster »

Every music jukebox app today will get album covers. So just load up the music in Rhythmbox or Exaile or whatever it is you wanna use and that app will get the album artwork for you.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lanrun »

Yes, I tried Rhythmbox last night and could see that the application got album covers from the Internet. But what if I would play my music without connection to Internet? Then I should have the album artwork stored locally on my PC, and get the music player to present this. Is that possible?
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

I haven't used Rhythmbox lately so I cant say for sure, but common sense tells me that it probably saves the album artwork after the first time it gets fetched. I cant imagine that every time you play your favourite song it downloads the artwork from scratch again, but hey maybe it is that dumb!

I did a quick google on the subject and it seems that in order to add artwork manually you need to save the artwork as ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/Artist Name - Album Name.jpg which I guess is where it saves the artwork it fetches online also.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lanrun »

Thanks a lot.

Yes Rhythmbox saves the artwork as ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/Artist Name - Album Name.jpg. And its possible to manually add to or copy *.jpg artwork from that location.
The ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/Artist Name - Album Name.jpg location is for Rhythmbox own use. It would therefore be nice to have an application that can save the artwork in the folder where the album actually is stored (i.e. /home/username/music/The Beatles/White album), or add artwork in the tag.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lanrun »

lanrun wrote:I have been ripping my CD collection on to my PC running Daryna Main. I have used sound juicer for this purpose. Then I have tried amarok a little, amarok builds its own database and can get album covers from amazon. But if I want to play music with another aplication, thes album covers isn't available to them.
Does anyone know a way to get album covers available outside amaroks database? Should I try Cover Finder or Album Cover Art Downloader?
I have downloaded and installed Cover Finder. That works.

Return to “Sound”