Help with Cinnamon themes PLEASE (SOLVED)

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dbpbandit

Help with Cinnamon themes PLEASE (SOLVED)

Post by dbpbandit »

So I had two themes showing up in the "themes" under "Cinnamon Settings" until after I downloaded a couple of new themes. I downloaded and extracted the theme files to /usr/share/themes/ directory, then I went back into the "Cinnamon Settings" under "themes" and nothing, not even the two that were originally in there. After doing a little research I found that if I do a "gksudo cinnamon-settings" command I can go into the "themes" area and see all of them, even the ones I just downloaded. However, it wont let any of my selections take effect. Now if I just run "cinnamon-settings" without the "gksudo", when I go into the "themes" area the terminal tells me I do not have permissions??? I had it before, what happened? I'm listed in the users as an administrator, how can i get my access back? Thanks.

-Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Help with Cinnamon themes PLEASE

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator
satya164

Re: Help with Cinnamon themes PLEASE

Post by satya164 »

Try the following command,

Code: Select all

sudo chmod 775 -R /usr/share/themes
dbpbandit

Re: Help with Cinnamon themes PLEASE (SOLVED)

Post by dbpbandit »

That did the trick, thanks.

-Dave

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”