Syncing contacts Ubuntu One - thunderbird

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MenthaSuaveolens
Level 3
Level 3

Syncing contacts Ubuntu One - thunderbird

Post by MenthaSuaveolens »

I installed ubuntu One and enabled syncing contacts in the Ubuntu One Control Panel. File synchronisation works ok, but the syncing of the contacts doesn't.

One of the problems is that I'm not able to add contacts to the Ubuntu One contacts-sheet. It looks as if this folder is protected (can't even delete this sheet - error
message = Sorry - this version of EDS Contacts Integration does not support deleting Evolution address books. Due to the way that Thunderbird tries to delete address books, all of your EDS address books will appear to be removed from the address book manager. Simply restart Thunderbird in order to have them return.)

When trying to move addresses from the standard sheet to the Ubuntu One -contacts, nothbing happens. Even if one manually adds an address on the Ubuntu One-website, this address ain't
downloaded into this folder (syncing happens every 10 minutes)
I already reinstalled UbuntuOne and re-enabled contact-syncing, but no avail. How can I troubleshoot this problem? Is this a bug on the LXDE-build?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MenthaSuaveolens
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved] Syncing contacts Ubuntu One - thunderbird

Post by MenthaSuaveolens »

Problem "solved" :evil: , because the UbuntuOne-contacts-service is disrupted :evil:
servicedisruption.jpg

Return to “Software & Applications”