All Changes Disappear Upon Reboot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
crankster

All Changes Disappear Upon Reboot

Post by crankster »

I installed Mint 13 Cinnamon 64bit using Mint4Win on a Win Vista 64bit OS and Im have a weird problem. After a reboot ANY & ALL changes I made are gone and the install reverts to the default. I mean everything. Bookmarks/Folders in Firefox, System setting changes, New software installed such as Chromium browser, Minitube and others, Walpapers, clock settings ...everything is gone after I reboot. Ive been using Mint since version 9 and have never had these problerms. I know they sound really strange but it has happened four times now.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I know it sounds crazy but it is happening.

Any help is appreciated.

BTW I love the new release.

Thanks

Crankster
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: All Changes Disappear Upon Reboot

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
crankster

Post by crankster »

My appologies. I didnt fully understand the new method of installing Mint using mint4win.

After it initially installs in "Live Mode" from the CD/DVD the second part of the installation must be initiated by clicking the install icon on the desktop. This differs from previously releases where the mint4win install was completed in one step from the CD/DVD.
livejamie

Post by livejamie »

I've created a bug report for this problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1009232

Feel free to add any pertinent information.

Thanks

Return to “Installation & Boot”