LiveCD and Suspend

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LiveCD and Suspend

Post by MagnusB »

In some cases suspend & hibernate works with proprietary graphics drivers installed (if you need ones). Can not guarantee anything though. dv2000 is just a series though, you could check google "hp dv2233ea ubuntu" or whatever your computer is called (usually labeled under the laptop, right below the serial for Windows). You could also add more keywords to that search, like suspend or something. And for the sound issue, does it not work in Mint or Windows? Best bet is to google "audio card name ubuntu", if you have an Intel HDA card, the fix is pretty easy, though I can't remember it right now..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
Fred

Post by Fred »

Cambo105,

I have to tell you, resume/suspend just doesn't work very good in Linux yet. To be honest I haven't seen a distro yet that handles this well and consistently across a wide cross section of hardware. Sometimes it works.... sometimes it doesn't. Not good I know, but it is getting better.

Fred
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

in linux, open a terminal window, type:

Code: Select all

lspci
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

IT might or might not work, maybe with proper graphics driver.. Think it won't, then you won't be so disappointed if it doesn't :)
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

I do not hibernate, when I have the possibility to leave the computer for 2 hours, I have it plugged in.. I understand that people actually use hibernate and sleep functions, but I don't, so I have no idea whether or not it works on this laptop...
--Dean Martin

Return to “Beginner Questions”