WHO IS?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

WHO IS?

Post by npap »

Hello, Saluton!

Who is Clem, the fellow who tirelessly reads hundreds of posts and answers to all of our questions, every day, and hour? And all that in his spare time.
Let credit be given to whom credit is due.

Anonymity, some times, allows each one to create a 'virtual' image of the person in case.
So I feel the obligation to make known to my fellow Minties what I have discovered about Clem, and pay tribute to the person who has given and is
giving so much to the Linux community.

I hope that Mr. Lefebvre will tolerate my intrusion to his personality traits.
So I am posting below a link to his works and his achievements:

http://www.linuxforums.org/bio/author/Clement+Lefebvre/

Congratulations Mr. Lefebvre

PS. As the Mint community is growing very fast, I am afraid that Clement will not be able to respond to every post, as he has done in the past.
Therefore, we must tolerate his absence and his inability to continue adding his personal touch at times.

EDIT I forgot to mention that Clement is also the founder of République Démocratique d'Ydémos, in French; a virtual micronation, with a fantastic Forum.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Well.. I see you've done some investigation :) Among other things I write articles for linuxforums.org (although it has been a while now since the last one.. Linux Mint is keeping me busy).

The more I reviewed other distributions the more I started to get ideas of my own on how a distribution could be. Also I used to be close to the FSF movement and progressively changed my stance to a more pragmatic approach ("OpenSource?"). You can still note in some of my reviews that I gave bad points to distributions which included proprietary or patented technologies... and recently realized that the freedom was in the choice of using them and not in the software license itself. I also realized that I couldn't apply standards to distributions if I wasn't going to apply them for myself (criticizing the fact that mp3 support comes by default and yet add it myself because I needed it and didn't have the courage to ditch my collection of mp3) :lol:

the truth is, if Linux Mint was a year older and I was about to review Bea last year.. I would probably have hated it :)

But anyway that's just my own progression and philosophical evolution. The more you think about something the more you're likely to change opinion I suppose. If you are to read these reviews (they're a bit old now so I don't know if it's very interesting) keep that fact in mind, because if I was to rewrite them now they would be different in that regard.

Ahh.. anyway.. :)
Clem.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Clem never sleeps. :lol:

Why do places like Distro Watch show Mint as based in Ireland?

npap, do you know Clem and Scorp outside of this forum?

Final question! What does "npap" mean?

If you don't care to answer these questions, I will understand!

Myself: I am recently retired, 63, and new to Linux, although I have been around computers since the dawn of the pc (had a TRS-80 model I). I loved those old Scott Adams text adventure games - which are still available for download (just "Say YOHO"). I am mainly a hardware person although I have written some large Excel VB programs. I like to build my own computers and I have taken some web design classes. I like to take long walks on the beach... (Oh well, you get the picture) :lol: BS in Engineering Technology.

Ken
Last edited by kenetics on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Respect Monsieur Lefebvre et chapeau bas :D I like your mentality :D

But I did my international investigations a few weeks sooner than npap :!: My job learned me discretion though :lol: :lol: :lol:
From Bulgaria, Tunisia and now Bosnia where I am just now, everybody knows about and speaks of Monsieur Lefebvre :lol:

Here, on this forum, everybody knows that npap is searching Bianca in every topic... but pls hush... she's just drinking a coffee in Sarajevo waiting for me 8) 8)

PS - I am 55, MBA, senior advisor for development and intern. marketing, working as a team leader on several EU programs in several countries. In this job, I learned that "big brother" is really watching you... so I decided to divorce from MS'Bill definitely :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will ever stay a newbie and feel very good in this minty community.

Why AlsaPhil? The answer is soooooo easy to find :wink:

Philippe
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Hey Manishk, I am really disappointed that Alsace (a very nice region in the eastern part of France) is unknown in India :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok :wink: and Alsa is a sound soft too and I love music :lol:

And my flag? That's really easy :lol: :lol: :lol:
npap
Level 6
Level 6

WHO IS?

Post by npap »

OK. Let me see if I can answer some questions about myself :)

To Clem:
As they say, we live and learn. The more one learns the more he doubts himself, Socrates was the first fellow to admit that. He said: quote,

"One thing I know that I know nothing".
It is a fact that educated people avoid talking about themselves, most of the time. So others have to do the talking for them.
Thank You for giving us Linux Mint.

To Ken: You remember the guy who had a restaurant (Louis) in Tampa Bay?
Well, I'm related to him :lol:
As to the question about Clem and Scorp, I met them the other night in the masquerade party, for the first time.
I hope you enjoy your retirement, I know I do mine somehow. But please don't call me a senior. I hate to be reminded all the time.
I wish you and your family, health above all. May you live long enough to bankrupt the S.S. system. :lol:

To Philippe: Nice name. Sounds Greek ( Philippos in Greek). It means a guy who loves the 'Hippodrome' :) You know. That's where they train to run after Biancas :lol:
He was Alexander's father, BTW.
As for Bianca, please let her come back to me. I miss her.

Now, A little about me.
I stopped growing older since Jack Benny :lol:
He was always over 39. But I am a little older myself. My hobbies : the PC,
taking long walks every day, and sipping on a glass of Mint Julep at times. :)
BTW, we all seem to have similar technical backgrounds.

So, enough for the time being.
Best regards,
Don
Rafe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rafe »

kenetics wrote:Clem never sleeps.
I concluded that some weeks ago. Must live next door to a coffee shop.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

A couple of car badges I picked up years ago at an antique car show:

Never did buy that Talbot-Lago to put them on!
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Very nice badges, Ken :D
Try it on a Bugatti, that's another regional car :wink:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”