Ipad 3 not syncing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
El_Gigantor

Ipad 3 not syncing

Post by El_Gigantor »

Here's my issue...

my ipad mounts properly but no matter what app i use to copy music over it appears to work but when i check the ipad nothing happens.

btw i'm using Mint 13 64bit with all the upgrades.

any ideas???
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: Ipad 3 not syncing

Post by OldManHook »

El_Gigantor wrote:Here's my issue...

my ipad mounts properly but no matter what app i use to copy music over it appears to work but when i check the ipad nothing happens.

btw i'm using Mint 13 64bit with all the upgrades.

any ideas???

Did you add at least one track using I-Tunes? This works with Banshee (Mint 9) with I-Pad 2 might work with 3 :) :)
El_Gigantor

Post by El_Gigantor »

thanks for the reply.

yes. i tried one track at a time with no results.

it acts like the sync completes but when i check the ipad it didn't work
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Brand new Apple devices or iOS versions often don't immediately work with Linux. In fact we don't get any support from Apple to make iPods, iPhones and iPads working on Linux. Maybe it'll work in a future Mint version or with an update to libimobiledevice.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
El_Gigantor

Post by El_Gigantor »

well that kinda sucks. i was hoping there was a fix like there was for the ipad3 charging issue..

thanks for your input
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

:) :)
In my post i mean you should set up your I-Pad Using I-Tunes :(
Add a few songs using I-Tunes the same songs should also be on your Linux System
In Banshee use the manual update...It should lt you sync, But as AlbertP noted Apple Don't Support Linux so Linux is behind Apple Updates which also seem to Break What we Have.. :( :(
SigFroyd

Post by SigFroyd »

Same issue here. Syncing iPod classic 120GB is refused, due to lack of file permission as root, although I am logged in as system admin.

Any ideas/suggestions? I am Linux newbie and Mint freshman, so I couldn't handle the permission setting. Need help :wink:

Return to “Sound”