Bluetooth Dial up support

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Bluetooth Dial up support

Post by lotech »

Hi there,

I am running Daryna KDE and using my cell phone GPRS connection via an USB adapter to access the internet, I've been using this setup for couple years and worked fine. Then I cloned the whole system and transfer to a notebook, and I use the same USB dougle but it no longer connects, I can transfer files to my cell phone but unable to access it's modem, when I dial up the dougle's light keep flashing for a while and then give up and returns error 'unable to open modem', I re-pair the phone but still no joy, this is very strange I've no idea what went wrong.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only ;p
Husse

Re: Bluetooth Dial up support

Post by Husse »

Well I don't think Daryna KDE has been around for a couple of years...
But I suppose this is some kind of typo :)
Which phone is it?
I have limited experience with Sony Ericsson but that's all
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lotech »

I've been using BT DUN on Linux for couple years, and cloned a working copy to a NEC notebook and use the same USB dongle but it can't access the modem, but file transfer ok, it is a Nokia E65.
Husse

Post by Husse »

using my cell phone GPRS connection via an USB adapter
This beats me - why a dongle in between - I just use a cable to connect to the phone when I use gprs (in case of emergency and the phone line is down) But that has nothing to do with your problem, just curious. Which dongle in case it's important
I'm not at all sure if this helps you but it's at least something like your problem
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=492881
I can't find much helpful I'm afraid
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lotech »

No modem driver needed when connect via BT instead of direct cable connection, so this setup is cell phone independent, I can use any cell phone that supports Bluetooth dial up network, also not limited by the cable, same reason you use BT headsfree set instead of wired one. Since I cloned the whole system from a working PC, also using the same dongle with the same MAC address, so this is very strange that the setup doesn't work, I even changed the dongle (update MAC address) but still not working, but I can transfer file from PC to the phone (one way only), so I think the BT part has no problem.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ouch
I did not read the subject line - just the subject
It's a different story when it's bluetooth and I think we have a really good topic about that somewhere
I answer so many questions that I don't read everything as careful as I should - like missing the subject line :)
Sorry...
This is the good topic
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... =bluetooth
But I agree with you that it should be OK

Return to “Hardware Support”