Sendto on MATE and Cinnamon

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mongrol

Sendto on MATE and Cinnamon

Post by mongrol »

Hi folks,
In a bid to further improve the WAF I'm considering switching my Debian Squeeze system to LMDE as I quite like Cinnamon and it's more wife friendly. The one feature I absolutely must have to appease the wife is a rightclick "send to" email function to be able to Email pictures out of Shotwell. I tried Linux Mint 13 (ubuntu) and it has this feature. Being a debian guy though I'd much rather run LMDE. I've tried both MATE and Cinnamon in the Live CD but after installing Caja-Sendto for MATE and Nautilus-sendto for Cinnamon I find they are both lacking the send-to Mail (THunderbird) feature. They both only have drives or OBEX available.

Does anyone have a sendto thunderbird available in LMDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Sendto on MATE and Cinnamon

Post by cmost »

For MATE, simply install caja-sendto

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && apt-get install caja-sendto
For Cinnamon, you can find a host of useful nautilus scripts here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Nauti ... pleScripts
Dual Intel Xeon 3.6 GHz, 24 Cores
192 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100
mongrol

Post by mongrol »

thanks for the reply but if youd read my post you see i'd already tried that. the mail option is missing.
organica
Level 1
Level 1

Post by organica »

mongrol wrote:thanks for the reply but if youd read my post you see i'd already tried that. the mail option is missing.
I know this thread is slightly old, but, you're right, it's completely missing. I tried using the "Send to..." in Shotwell, but it wanted nautilus sendto.

So I did this:

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s caja-sendto nautilus-sendto
And the only option I had was to send the photo to a drive volume. Perhaps the devs haven't finished this fork of nautilus-sendto just yet. Feature request?
-------------
organica
Linux Mint 13 32bit MATE, Dell Latitude D630, 3GB Ram, Broadcom BCM4311 wireless, Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M

Return to “LMDE Archive”