newbiee mint 12 install with xp help now.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mmd2030

newbiee mint 12 install with xp help now.

Post by mmd2030 »

i am going to repartition my hd which is 80 gb at all . want to install xp and mint 12 . now i need help .
i am going to re partition my hd with xp setup . xp will be first priorety.

c drive will be 19 gb for xp
d drive will be 19 gb for mint
e drive the rest.

1st i want to install xp in c drive.
2nd i want to install mint in d drive.

now my qus s for mint do i need to re partition drive D for EXT$ and SWAP.
or what i have to do to install mint in D . dont need any backup my hd is empty.

is any super linux man can help me now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: newbiee mint 12 install with xp help now.

Post by remoulder »

mmd2030 wrote:1st i want to install xp in c drive. 2nd i want to install mint in d drive
Linux does not use drive letters to identify partitions. Install xp as planned but do not create any partitions other than needed for that os. Mint should give you the option to install alongside Windows and will create it's own partitions. You can resize the partitions and create any others afterwards.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”