Linux Mint 9 LXDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
takis123

Linux Mint 9 LXDE

Post by takis123 »

I want to use Mint 9 on an old pc. Is Linux Mint 9 LXDE an LTS or only the main version of Linux Mint 9 with gnome 2 is LTS ? When does the support of each version stops ? At Lubuntu site it says Lubuntu 10.04 is not an LTS http://lubuntu.net/blog/lubuntu-1004-no ... e-download
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera

Re: Linux Mint 9 LXDE

Post by antikythera »

Support ends April 2013 for all Mint 9 Isadora builds. LXDE version still receives updates at present. I am using LXDE 9 on some legacy equipment and will continue to do so until such time I can get Mint 13 working properly on it. LiveCD works, installed version doesn't so there is something I need to work around which can't be that complex. Just need some time and energy to concentrate on it :lol:
takis123

Post by takis123 »

You have enough time to fix it till the end of support for mint 9 lxde :) Thank you for your answer,
antikythera

Post by antikythera »

Yeah. I have given it another go today. It won't work unfortunately. The wireless adapter and GPU in the notebook are a fatal combination. I got round the wireless adapter okay but the GPU won't work with nouveau at anything other than 1024x768 or boot at all consistently with nvidia drivers installed after downgrading the xorg server files as suggested in the how to section. I'll keep LXDE 9 on it and maintain the packages manually after support ends until such time the notebook finally works as a doorstop only.

I currently install alternately sourced stable updates for Java, Transmission, LibreOffice, bleachbit and Thunderbird manually so a few more to maintain in future won't hurt.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

Hey, Antikythera, let me know where you live and the next time I pass through the UK, I'll drop off a computer with a CPU and Ram. :D

Return to “Software & Applications”