Mint-13 w/Mate - Profile error for Hessling

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
w0ipl

Mint-13 w/Mate - Profile error for Hessling

Post by w0ipl »

Not sure if I have an actual bug or if I just set things up wrong. I run Mint-13 w/Mate and have installed the Hessling editor. MOST of it works fine, except for setting colors on the terminal screen. I use a copy of the profile file that I used in Ubuntu 11.04 so I'm guessing that I should be OK . . . . BUT. . . .

When I do the set (Example: SET COLOR ARROW WHITE ON BLACK ) it gives me an error saying that EHITE (notice the E replacing the W) is an invalid parameter. Any ideas on what/who is getting in the way? I tried to enter the command from the editor input line and it also fails from there. I also notice that I can NOT set F1 to anything. It insists on being for Mint Help. Is that Mint process possibly what is getting in my way?

Never seen this before so I thought I would use . . chat . . to see if anyone had some ideas. If not, I'll go the "report bug" routine.

Thanks
Pat

P.S. I use "cp profile.the /home/myid//.therc" to put out the profile for the editor to use.
ALL of the other set commands work properly, it is just the color commands that fail.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”