Cannot Copy and Paste between MATE File Manager and Nautilus

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
luvr
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot Copy and Paste between MATE File Manager and Nautilus

Post by luvr »

I installed Linux Mint Debian Edition, and I'm running MATE.
On my desktop, there are two icons: a "Computer" icon and a "luvr's Home" icon.
I double-click the "luvr's Home" icon to view the contents of my home directory. This will open the MATE File Manager.
There happens to be a text file named "TestResults" in my home directory.

I added the "Menu Bar" item to my panel (right-click an empty space on the panel, select "Add to Panel...", select the "Menu Bar" item, click "Add", click "Close").
On the menu bar, I select "Places" -> "Home Folder" (the traditional GNOME2 way). This will open my home folder in what looks like traditional Nautilus.
In this Nautilus window, I navigate to my "Documents" folder.

Now, I want to move the "TestResults" file from my home folder (shown in the MATE File Manager window) to my "Documents" folder (shown in what looks like the Nautilus window).
I right-click the file icon (in the MATE File Manager), and select "Cut".
Then, in the Nautilus window, I right-click, and I want to select "Paste"... But the "Paste" option is disabled (a.k.a. "greyed out")...???

I can drag the file from the MATE File Manager window, and drop it onto the Nautilus window; however, this will copy, not move the file (which, obviously, is not really a big deal, since I can subsequently delete the original copy easily enough).

Note that neither "Cut", nor "Copy" will work between the two file managers--in either direction.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SoulSmasher

Re: Cannot Copy and Paste between MATE File Manager and Naut

Post by SoulSmasher »

Having same issue using linux mint 13 cinnamon + installed mate later. Any ideas ?

Return to “LMDE Archive”